Zatoun pure olive oil bar soap (castile) contains only olive oil that is certified by Fair For Life. Comes in a 110g bar, with a cardstock paper wrapper.
These soaps come without any plastic packaging, making them a zero-waste product. They’re also lighter and more concentrated than liquid soap, which is largely water and requires more fuel to ship. Choosing bar soap is the environmentally-friendly choice, and a great way to keep your hands and body nice and clean!
Because this pure olive oil bar soap uses only olive oil, which happens to be the oil that makes the mildest soap, this soap is very gentle. It’s safe for baby, and is made without added colour or fragrance. Just 4 simple ingredients for the highest-quality soap you can get!
Because most commercial soaps contain foam boosters, you may find that this 100% pure olive oil soap doesn’t lather as much as you’re used to. However, it will leave your skin clean, and feeling soft and moisturized. Many Zatoun customers report never wanting to switch back once they try this soap!
Ingredients: olive oil*, water, caustic soda (lye)**, salt. * Certified Fair Trade by Fair For Life. ** None remains in the final product.
More info from Zatoun
This much-loved Palestinian olive oil soap feels like silk on the skin! Zatoun’s pure 100% olive oil soap is unique and has an enormous following among people with sensitive or problem skin conditions including people with severe chemical or environmental sensitivity who say this is the only soap they can use. It is entirely free of scents and chemicals.
Most modern soap is made in factory environments using at least three oils: olive oil for cleansing and softening, coconut for quick hardening and palm oil for making suds. Not to mention the enormous range of chemicals and preservatives and artificial or natural fragrances. Zatoun 100% olive oil contains none of these and provides total softening and cleansing. Because there are no suds to disappear down the sink, it also lasts a lot longer. Customers who have tried Palestinian soap from Zatoun are hooked and keep demanding more.
Soapmaking in Palestine goes back over 1400 years. Modern soapmaking is a descendant of soaps first made in Palestine and in Iraqi cities beginning in the 7th century. The soap was produced with vegetable oils such as olive oil or aromatic oils like thyme oil. Sodium lye or ash soda, a product of burning saltwater plants, was added as a saponification agent for the first time. This is largely the same formula used in making soap sold in stores today. Historically, soapmaking has been one of the key industries in Nablus. Its soap was famous and exported all over the East and into the Mediterranean.
- Name: Zatoun Fair Trade Olive Oil Soap from Palestine
- Product: 100% olive oil bar soap
- Category: Bath & body, health & wellness, household cleaners
- Brand: Zatoun
- Certifications: Fair For Life, Organic
- Item weight: 110g
- Cooperatives: Palestine Fair Trade Association (Palestine)
- Package details: Cardstock wrapper (paper)
- Details: Liquid soap can be harder on the environment, as it requires (usually plastic) bottles and is heavier to ship due to its water content. Why not make the switch to bar soap? These all-natural, 100% olive oil bars make it an easy choice! They’re gentle enough for baby and won’t dry out your skin. They have moisturizing glycerin that stays in the soap from the natural soap-making process, which uses only 4 simple ingredients.
There are no reviews yet.