The Vintage Kantha Recycled Sari Scrunchie from the Anchal Project is handmade, colourful and perfect for keeping your hair tidy! Because each is made from scraps of upcycled (recycled) vintage saris, each scrunchie is totally unique. Ethically made in India, these scrunchies have a beautiful hand-stitched pattern on their bright, patterned background. These scrunchies use off-cuts from Anchal’s larger projects like vintage kantha quilts, making these scrunchies zero waste and super eco-friendly! Plus, because they’re made of natural cotton, they can simply be washed and reused when they’re dirty. Skilled artisans make these handy scrunchies in India—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course!
This beautifully-made scrunchie is just what you need to accessorize and express yourself! It’s handmade, meaning it’s made to last. Plus, it’s strong enough to wrangle even the thickest hair!
These scrunchies are sold individually. They’re available in many assorted colours and patterns, as each is made from unique vintage saris. If you have a favourite colour, please let us know and we’ll try to send it, but each is uniquely beautiful! You’ll really see and feel the difference in quality that handmade makes!
- Name: Vintage Kantha Scrunchie
- Product: Recycled sari scrunchie made in the Kantha stitching style
- Category: Hair accessories
- Brand: Anchal Project
- Fair trade body: Fair Trade Federation
- Dimensions: 4″ diameter
- Producer organization: Stitch x Stitch
- Origin country: India
- Package details: N/A
- Details: This recycled sari scrunchie is what happens when makers are dedicated to reducing waste and use every last scrap to make useful items. Cut-offs of vintage kantha quilts and larger items are upcycled into these scrunchies and hand-stitched beautifully. You’ve never had a scrunchie this gorgeous and well-made! It’s amazing the difference that upcycled vintage saris and a fair wage make. In the hands of skilled female makers from Ajmer, India, recycled cotton saris are transformed into these beautiful pieces that are truly as unique as they are useful. And the best part? You can rest assured that your purchase contributes to the livelihoods of these hardworking women!