This Organic Cotton Kantha Scrunchie from Anchal Project is handmade in a modern cross-stitch design and perfect for keeping your hair tidy! With its naturally-dyed cotton fabric and hand-stitched details, it’s as pretty as it is handy. Ethically made in India, these scrunchies have a beautiful hand-stitched cross pattern on their naturally-dyed background. These scrunchies use off-cuts from Anchal’s larger projects like quilts and clothing, making these scrunchies zero waste and super eco-friendly! Plus, because they’re made of natural cotton, they can simply be washed and reused when they’re dirty. Skilled artisans make these handy pouches in India—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course! As with all Anchal Project products, the individual maker’s name is hand-stitched onto the product tag.
This beautifully-made scrunchie is just what you need to accessorize and express yourself! It’s handmade, meaning it’s made to last. Plus, it’s strong enough to wrangle even the thickest hair!
These scrunchies are sold individually. They’re available in four colours: bone (natural unbleached cotton), rust (red), navy (dark blue) and charcoal (very dark grey). All are made of natural cotton and hand-stitched in their striped pattern. You’ll really see and feel the difference in quality that handmade makes!
- Name: Kantha Scrunchie
- Product: Organic cotton scrunchie in the Kantha stitching style
- Category: Hair accessories
- Brand: Anchal Project
- Fair trade body: Fair Trade Federation
- Dimensions: 4″ diameter
- Producer organization: Stitch x Stitch
- Origin country: India
- Package details: N/A
- Details: This organic cotton Kantha Scrunchie is what happens when makers are dedicated to reducing waste and use every last scrap to make useful items. Cut-offs of quilts and larger items are upcycled into these scrunchies and hand-stitched beautifully. You’ve never had a scrunchie this gorgeous and well-made! It’s amazing the difference that GOTS-certified cotton and a fair wage makes. In the hands of skilled female makers from Ajmer, India, organic cotton is transformed into these beautiful pieces that are truly as unique as they are useful. And the best part? You can rest assured that your purchase contributes to the livelihoods of these hardworking women!