Eat Well Produce Sacks from Ten Thousand Villages are a great way to reduce your plastic use while you shop! Ethically made in Bangladesh, these sacks hold a wide variety of fruits, nuts and grains. Because they’re made of durable cotton, they can simply be washed and reused when they’re dirty. Skilled artisans make these useful bags in Bangladesh—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course!
More and more consumers are trying to go zero waste or plastic-free, and this is a great step towards that! Reuse these bags over and over again, and save many plastic bags from the landfill!
These bags come in packs of 2: one larger and one smaller bag. Each has a wooden button closure and a drawstring. The smaller bag has a screen-printed quote from Hippocrates: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” The larger bag has a screen-printed design that says, “Buy fresh, buy local.” Both designs are a neutral (earthy) green colour.
- Name: Eat Well Produce Sacks
- Product: Reusable cotton bags for bulk shopping
- Category: Household
- Brand: Ten Thousand Villages
- Fair trade body: World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO)
- Item size: (small) 20cm/8” wide x25cm/10” high, (large) 25cm/10” wide x 30cm/12” high
- Producer organization: Saidpur Enterprises
- Origin country: Bangladesh
- Package details: kraft (brown) paper wrapping
- Details: We all know that plastic is a problem for our oceans, the landfills and the planet overall. So why not reduce your plastic use during shopping with these durable cotton sacks? They’re built to last, can be machine washed, and are simply perfect for produce of all size. The tight weave will hold everything from tomatoes to rice. A must-have for your next bulk food trip!