Zatoun za’atar thyme & sumac herb mix is certified by Fair For Life. Comes in a 150g bag.
If you’ve never tasted za’atar, you’re missing out! This aromatic herb blend comes from mixing sumac, thyme and sesame, with just a hint of salt. The result is a delicious, savoury flavour that will transport your taste buds instantly to the Middle East!
With only 4 simple ingredients, you can feel good about using this natural herb blend in dressings, seasonings, stews, rubs, marinades and so much more!
Because of the conflict in and occupation of Palestine, Palestinian farmers face particular economic challenges. This product gives them access to crucial funds to keep their traditional farming alive and support their own wellbeing in a difficult situation. Your purchase really makes a difference!
Ingredients: wild Palestinian thyme, sumac, sesame, salt.
More info from Zatoun
Za’atar has become a culinary sensation due to its intense herb flavour and tangy zing. Long a staple of Palestinian cooking and street food, za’atar is made with wild thyme and sumac mixed with roasted sesame seeds and salt. Add za’atar to make instant salad dressings and marinades, garnish on dips and soups, sprinkle on breads and pizza, rub on chicken and meat for BBQ – virtually anything – or simply with olive oil for dipping. Zesty, delicious and nutritious.
The wild thyme is picked, cleaned and dried before being blended with roasted sesame seeds, ground sumac and a touch of salt. Zatoun za’atar is processed by a member women-owned cooperative in Al-Jalama. Olive oil, za’atar and fresh-baked bread is the traditional daily breakfast in Palestine. Za’atar can keep indefinitely when refrigerated but it should not last more than a few months when you discover its taste and diverse range of uses. No limit to its uses -please download recipe booklet (in pdf) called Tasty and Easy.
Discovered by people in North America, za’atar continues to grow in popularity by leaps impressing taste buds everywhere.
- Name: Zatoun Za’atar Thyme & Sumac Herb Mix
- Product: Herb blend
- Category: Spices
- Brand: Zatoun
- Certifications: Fair For Life
- Item size: 150g
- Cooperatives: Palestine Fair Trade Association (Palestine)
- Package details: Cellophane bag with paper label
- Details: A perfect companion for Zatoun Extra Virgin Olive Oil, this savoury herb blend is absolutely delicious! Try it mixed into olive oil for a perfect baguette or pita dip, or mix some za’atar into your next salad dressing, marinade or rub. It also makes a great veggie dip when mixed into sour cream or yogurt. The possibilities are endless with this delicious, aromatic mix.