Vegan coconut granola
The best homemade vegan coconut granola recipe with whole grain oats. It's refined sugar-free and easy to make gluten-free if you buy allergy-friendly oats
Servings: 32 quarter-cup servings
- 7-1/4 cups large flake rolled oats
- 1 200g bag shredded coconut (see note)
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp coconut oil (see note)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
In a large bowl, mix together oats and coconut.
In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat until it just begins to simmer. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine well.
Spread the granola on two (ungreased) baking sheets with high sides. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir the granola well and return to oven. Repeat this however many times is necessary for your granola to turn golden brown. (It usually takes me 30-40 minutes baking.)
Remove the pans from the oven and stir the granola occasionally while it cools on the pan.
Once completely cool, store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature. Will stay fresh for a month or so.
- Shredded coconut is easy to find in a fair trade variety, thanks to Camino! They make a great shredded coconut that's unsweetened, fair trade and organic!
- Coconut oil is a nice addition to this recipe, as it's got the extra coconut flavour! I recommend Pakka coconut oil, as it's fair trade and organic.