The Zatoun gift bundle of Palestinian products is perfect for giving around the holidays! This is truly a gift with a story, as each of the three products included are made in occupied Palestinian territory and guarantee a living wage for producers. The bundle includes 3 products from Zatoun: extra virgin olive oil, za’atar herb mix and olive oil castille bar soap. All of these are a step towards a brighter future for the families who create these beautiful products!
Each bundle contains the following, without substitutions:
- 1 x 750ml bottle of Zatoun extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 150g bag of za’atar thyme and sumac herb blend
- 1 x bar of 100% olive oil castille soap (very gentle)
Because of the conflict in and occupation of Palestine, Palestinian olive farmers face particular economic challenges. This product gives them access to crucial funds to keep their traditional olive farming alive and support their own wellbeing in a difficult situation. Your purchase really makes a difference!
More info from Zatoun
Zatoun Extra Virgin Olive Oil is grown using traditional methods on the ancient land and terraces on the hills of Palestine. Sourced from small-scale growers working in co-operatives in the West Bank this is the world’s first fair trade olive oil (awarded certification in 2009).
Zatoun is made for the Nabali olive variety native to Palestine – the land of the first olive trees. It is delicate, full-bodied, with a sweet and smooth and a peppery finish.
Zatoun is perfect for dressings, marinades, for drizzling, and for sautéing vegetables or meats. And it is simply delicious with pita bread and baguette – try with Zatoun’s own za’atar thyme herb mix.
Always the perfect oil for your home table or someone else’s. Gift Zatoun olive oil instead of a bottle of wine – your friends will enjoy the oil and remember the giver much longer.
Olive oil is the life blood of the land of Palestine and its people. Grown and harvested by Palestinian farmers at great personal danger and cost. For many families olives and olive oil is a major source of sustenance and livelihood.
Zatoun Extra Virgin Olive Oil is supplied and bottled in Jenin area of West Bank by Canaan Fair Trade, one of the oldest exporters of quality olive oil from Palestine.
To produce high quality extra virgin olive oil olives must be totally unbruised, pressed immediately, and stored in stainless steel. The olive harvest in Palestine is in October and November which is earlier than other Mediterranean countries. The olives are picked by hand and pressed in one of 27 village presses or centrally using state-of-the-art olive press in a splendid new facility in Burqin, Palestine.
- Name: Zatoun gift bundle of Palestinian products
- Product: Gift bundle of olive oil, herb mix and bar soap
- Category: Cooking oil, Spices, Soap
- Brand: Zatoun
- Certifications: Fair For Life, Organic
- Item size: 750ml (olive oil), 150g (za’atar), approx. 100g (soap)
- Cooperatives: Palestine Fair Trade Association (Palestine), Canaan Fair Trade (Palestine)
- Package details: Green glass bottle with paper labels and metal screw-cap (olive oil), plastic cellophane bag (za’atar), cardboard cigar band (soap).
- Details: This gift bundle includes the best olive oil we’ve ever tasted, and it’s supporting traditional Palestinian agriculture, too! It has a complexity of flavour unparalleled by any other EVOO you’ve tried. Aromatic and almost perfume-like, this oil will instantly level-up your salad dressings, marinades and more! Za’atar herb mix is a great way to add extra flavour to any of your savoury dishes, especially those with a Middle Eastern influence. And because of its gentleness, olive oil castille soap is famous the world over for its quality. All together, this bundle is a wonderful gift of high-quality items that any recipient would be lucky to open up during the holidays!