These taco flavoured yuca chips by Oxfam Fair Trade are fairly traded with small producers in Costa Rica. Available in 50g bags.
These chips are processed and packaged on-site by the Costa Rican producer cooperative, keeping even more of the value-add (and income) in the producer community! So products like this really help producers achieve financial independence.
Yuca is the most common name for this root in Latin America, and some folks also call it cassava or manioc. But no matter what you call it, it’s surprisingly similar to a potato chip when sliced thinly and fried, then seasoned. And because the Fairtrade Certification system is still trying to play catch-up with the many products in existence, we don’t have standards yet to cover products like yuca. But these taco flavoured yuca chips were traded ethically and fairly with the producer group in Costa Rica. So you can rest assured that nobody was exploited in the making of your yummy snack!
Deliciously crunchy, light and perfectly seasoned! A satisfying snack for those who love salty snacks. A little bit reminiscent of Doritos brand chips, but without the corn chip base. Made with the natural goodness of yuca, tomato, onion, garlic & more!
Ingredients: yuca* (69.8%), vegetable oil* (fair trade palm oil), taco spices (maltodextrin, whey powder (MILK), sugar, salt, flavour enhancer (E621), tomato powder, onion and garlic powder, spices, citric acid (E330), natural flavours, dioxyde de silicium (E551)). * ingredient from a fair trade relationship
Freshest by: 1 February 2022.
- Name: Yuca Chips (taco)
- Product: Taco flavoured yuca chips
- Category: Snacks
- Brand: Oxfam Fair Trade
- Item weight: 50g
- Item size: about 8″ (20cm) tall
- Origin country: Costa Rica
- Cooperative: Coopesarapiqui (Costa Rica)
- Package details: Plasticized foil bags with easy-tear seal
- Details: If you haven’t tried the satisfying crunch of yuca chips before, you’re in for a real treat! These nacho-style yuca chips are perfect for those who like to enjoy the simple things in life. The seasoning reminds us of a lighter version of a Doritos brand chip, only with a yuca base. Available in 50g bags, which is just big enough to share with a friend, if you can resist finishing them yourself!