This Striped Kitchen Towel Set from Ten Thousand Villages is handmade, rustic and super absorbent! With their 100% cotton fibres and not-too-smooth texture, they’re designed to clean up spills and dry up moisture as effectively as possible. Ethically made in India, these towels have a beautiful teal stripe on their neutral beige background, making them easy to work into your existing decor. Because they’re made of natural cotton, they can simply be washed and reused when they’re dirty. Skilled artisans make these useful towels in India—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course!
Whether you’re drying dishes or cleaning up an accidental mess, you’ll want to reach for these beautifully-made towels! They’re handwoven and made to last.
These towels come in packs of 3 (all three towels are cut from a single handwoven piece of fabric). They’re a natural, unbleached cotton colour with a teal stripe accent. Because these towels are divided from a handmade piece of fabric, you should expect some rustic elements, like occasional coarser threads, selvage edges, etc. They won’t look as perfect and cookie-cutter as a mass-produced towel, but that’s what makes them so beautiful!
- Name: Striped Kitchen Towel Set
- Product: Set of 3 handmade cotton towels
- Category: Household
- Brand: Ten Thousand Villages
- Fair trade body: World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO)
- Towel dimensions: 29″ long x 22″ wide
- Producer organization: MESH
- Origin country: India
- Package details: tied together with a piece of twine
- Details: These towels are a truly unique and beautiful addition to any kitchen! Absorbent enough to soak up lots of water from wet dishes, but also coarse enough to give surfaces a good scrub if need be. Each set starts out as one hand-spun piece of cotton cloth, then it’s divided into 3 towels and hemmed. All of this is done by hand by the skilled makers at MESH, and this product provides a well-earned income for these hardworking folks!