This beautiful tagua pendant necklace (called the Rachel Irregular Single Necklace) from Just Trade UK is a sustainable way to elevate your look with a look similar to ivory but totally cruelty-free! Ethically made in Ecuador, this pendant is carved from a nut from the tagua tree (native to South America), which has been called “vegetable ivory” (due to its ivory-like appearance). Skilled artisans make these beautiful necklaces in Ecuador—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course!
If you haven’t heard of tagua before, you won’t be disappointed! Not only is it all-natural and cruelty-free, it’s also possible to carve it like wood, so it can come in any number of beautiful shapes!
Available in one size (fits most), this lovely necklace is sure to fit perfectly into your wardrobe!
The chain on this necklace is a silver-plated ball style, making it hypoallergenic.
- Name: Rachel Irregular Single Necklace
- Product: Tagua pendant necklace
- Category: Jewellery, necklaces
- Brand: Just Trade UK
- Item size: 70cm chain
- Origin country: Ecuador
- Producer group: MYA (Ecuador)
- Package details: packed on a Just Trade tent card in a biodegradable cello bag.
- Details: This beautiful necklace is made up of a pretty tagua nut pendant with a sophisticated brass tube. Since tagua nut has a similar appearance to ivory, it gives a very elegant appearance without the animal cruelty and environmental issues that come with ivory! Perfect for business casual, or even a great accent to your favourite formal wear.