These organic red heirloom potato chips by Ethiquable are fairly traded with small producers in Peru (certified by the Small Producers Symbol). Available in 100g bags.
These chips are processed and packaged on-site by the Peruvian producer cooperative, keeping even more of the value-add (and income) in the producer community! So products like this really help producers achieve financial independence. Additionally, because potatoes are native to Peru, they’ve been grown there for thousands of years and these red potatoes are an old heirloom variety—perhaps as old as 7,000 years! These red potatoes help the producers maintain a healthy biodiversity within the world’s potato plants and they produce a beautiful and delicious potato chip!
AGROPIA, the cooperative that makes this product, is located in Peru, where 65 individual small producers come together into a larger producer organization. These producers work with Ethiquable, based in Belgium, to market their potato chips primarily to a European market. However, we’re very happy to offer these satisfyingly salty snacks to our Canadian customers now, too!
Deliciously crunchy, light and perfectly salted! A satisfying snack for anyone who loves a salty snack. Also gluten-free, vegan and made with no sugar added. Support organic agriculture and biodiversity by choosing these heirloom potato chips!
Ingredients: potatoes*° (75.3%), sunflower oil°, salt. * ingredient from a fair trade relationship (total 74% besides salt). ° ingredient from organic agriculture.
- Name: Chips Red Potato
- Product: Organic potato chips (salted)
- Category: Snacks, Chips & savoury snacks,
- Brand: Ethiquable
- Item weight: 100g
- Origin country: Peru
- Cooperative: AGROPIA (Peru)
- Package details: Plasticized foil bags with easy-tear seal
- Details: A classic, salted potato chip is hard to beat! But what if we told you that these chips were made from a variety of potato that’s been cultivated organically in the Andes for 7,000 years? What if we told you that they’re a beautiful rosy red colour and deliver the same satisfying crunch you know and love from potato chips? All of that is true, and to top it all off, the small Peruvian producers are paid a fair wage for growing, processing and packaging these delicious potatoes! Available in 100g bags, which is plenty to share with a friend, if you can resist finishing them yourself!