These organic cotton reusable bags from Ten Thousand Villages are a great way to reduce your plastic use while you shop! As the name says, “Hello Food, Goodbye Plastic!” Ethically made in India, these drawstring sacks hold anything bigger than about a blueberry and help you say no to one-use plastics. Because they’re made of organic cotton, they can simply be washed and reused when they’re dirty. Skilled artisans make these useful bags in India—receiving a fair wage for their beautiful work, of course!
More and more consumers are trying to go zero waste or plastic-free, and this is a great step towards that! Reuse these bags over and over again, and save many plastic bags from the landfill!
These bags come in packs of 2: one larger and one smaller bag. Each has a tag with the tare weight, making it easier during the checkout process (especially for bulk foods). The bags are a natural, unbleached cotton colour that’s a light beige.
- Name: Hello Food, Goodbye Plastic
- Product: Reusable cotton mesh bags for bulk shopping
- Category: Household
- Brand: Ten Thousand Villages
- Fair trade body: World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO)
- Item size: (small) 31cm/12.5” high x 26cm/10.25” wide, (large) 38cm/15” high x 33cm/13” wide
- Producer organization: MESH
- Origin country: India
- Package details: cardboard envelope
- Details: We all know that plastic is a problem for our oceans, the landfills and the planet overall. So why not reduce your plastic use during shopping with these organic cotton reusable bags? They’re compact, can be machine washed, and are simply perfect for produce. They even have tags with the tare weight, making it easy for you to use them at your favourite bulk food store!