Level Ground East Africa coffee is a dark roast. Certified by Fairtrade International. Level Ground is also a member of the Fair Trade Federation, which verifies their ethical business practices as a whole.
Available in 300g bags. Whole bean coffee. Craft blend of Arabica beans from Uganda, Ethiopia & Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The result? A truly unique, interesting and balanced cup of coffee.
This blend uses coffees from 3 different countries from Africa’s Great Rift Valley. This region is home to many skilled farmers of Arabica coffee beans, some of which provide the beautiful beans in this blend!
Did you know? Because coffee loves growing in the shade and hills are a perfect place for biodiversity, farmers can plant tall trees to grow over the shorter coffee bushes. This slows down the ripening time and brings out a more complex flavour! That’s why shade-grown coffee fetches premium prices on the world market, and also tastes better, of course. Because of the importance of sustainability in fair trade, it’s very common for fair trade coffee beans to be shade-grown—in fact, it is the rule, rather than the exception!
Social Impacts: Planting new forests, children’s education, upgraded sanitation, improved agricultural practices, sustainable waste management, renewable biogas projects, improved working conditions for women, health education on Ebola, Covid-19 and Malaria
Tasting Notes: Big, balanced, spicy
Taste Description: Toasted pecan impressions, dried fruit and dark chocolate mouthfeel, sweet vanilla and black pepper on finish.
This coffee was previously called Rift Valley.
- Name: Level Ground East Africa craft blend coffee
- Product: Whole bean coffee blend
- Category: Dark roast
- Brand: Level Ground Trading
- Certifications: Fairtrade International, Fair Trade Federation, Organic
- Item weight: 300g
- Origin country: Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, Uganda
- Package details: Plasticized foil bag with twist tie for re-sealing
- Details: Perfect for those who can’t decide: with or without cream and sugar! This balanced blend is deep and smooth. Comes in a 300g bag, either whole bean or ground.
There are no reviews yet.