Fairtrade whole brown sugar (muscovado) from Camino carries fair trade certification from the Small Producers’ Symbol (SPP). It also has organic certification from Canada Organic. Vegan. Available in 1kg bags.
This sugar is simply cane juice without the liquid, rather than a refined sugar. We accomplish this through evaporation, which is also a simple and natural process. All-natural and full of flavour, this sugar is grown, processed and packaged by the producer cooperative in Peru! So this helps keep much-needed income right there in the workers’ communities.
Ingredients: Fairtrade whole brown sugar.
- Name: Whole brown sugar
- Product: Evaporated sugar cane juice
- Category: Baking ingredients
- Brand: Camino (La Siembra)
- Certifications: Fairtrade International, Organic
- Item weight: 1kg
- Origin country: Peru
- Cooperatives: Norandino (Peru)
- Package details: Re-sealable plastic pouch
- Details: This fairtrade brown sugar is full of all the natural goodness of sugar cane juice, without the hyper-processing. Also, did you know that most brown sugar in the supermarket is just ultra-refined white sugar with molasses mixed back in? (Simply read the ingredients to see for yourself!) On the other hand, the Peruvian producer cooperative grows and processes this sugar right in Peru. They also lovingly package it for the Camino brand. As a result, more money stays in remote, agricultural communities! Made naturally and wonderfully soft, this all-natural sugar retains all of its natural molasses flavour and adds a delicious caramel taste to your baked goods. You’ll fall in love at first bite!