This fair trade quinoa from Oxfam Fair Trade is certified by Fairtrade International. And this product also meets European organic standards. Also naturally vegan. Available in 500g bags.
Quinoa is very easy to prepare. In fact, you can simply cook in a water for about 10-15 minutes until the grain absorbs all the water, much like rice. (We find that about 2 cups water per 1 cup of quinoa is a good ratio.) Also add your favourite spices and chopped vegetables for a delicious pilaf side dish! Or on the other hand, you can cool it completely and toss with vegetables and a vinaigrette for a protein-rich salad!
Very popular with vegans for its high protein content, and now you can get it sourced ethically!
Ingredients: Fairtrade organic quinoa.
- Name: Fair trade quinoa
- Product: Whole white quinoa kernels
- Category: Whole-grain quinoa
- Brand: Oxfam Fair Trade
- Certifications: Fairtrade International, Organic
- Item weight: 500g
- Origin country: Bolivia
- Cooperative: Anapqui (Bolivia)
- Package details: Plastic bag
- Details: This quinoa is delicious, nutritious and packed with protein! Did you know that quinoa is one of the only complete plant-based proteins? Great for use in your next quinoa salad, grain bowl or as a side dish. This quinoa provides crucial income for traditional Bolivian producers. Fair trade quinoa makes sure your protein boost is also boosting the income of small producers!