Cha’s Organics cumin seed is sourced from small-scale, family-owned farms in Sri Lanka. It also has organic certification by Canada Organic. Naturally vegan. Available in 30g boxes.
Cumin seed is widely used in Asian and Latin American cuisines to add a slightly spicy warmth to recipes. Grown organically in a family-owned, extremely biodiverse garden in Sri Lanka, these seeds are sometimes ground to be used as a powder. If using in soups, stews, curries, chilli or other simmering-style dishes, whole seed is great. For shorter-cooked dishes, such as roasted vegetables or sauces, we recommend grinding up the seed for maximum flavour.
You’ll typically find cumin in taco mixes, garam masala and more spice blends. So if you like making your own at home, you’ll want to keep some of this cumin seed on hand!
Recipes featuring this ingredient
- Name: Cha’s Organics cumin seed
- Product: Organic whole cumin seed
- Category: Herbs & spices
- Brand: Cha’s Organics
- Certifications: Organic
- Item size: 30g
- Origin country: Sri Lanka
- Package details: Recycled paper box with cellophane inner bag.
- Details: Cumin is a defining flavour in so many dishes that we eat, and yet it is so seldom celebrated! A samosa, chilli or curry without cumin would be missing that little something. With its warmth and slight spiciness, this little seed will make any savoury dish that little bit better!